WHAT SETS STYLUS DJs APART?
We are reliable, professional, music-loving DJs who keep the party flowing without gimmicks or over-the-top hype.
We pay close attention to your Must Plays, your Do Not Plays, and your openness to guest requests. No requests? No problem! Preparing a thoughtful pool of music, reading the crowd and adapting to the moment is what makes the party come alive.
Many of our clients are looking for an alternative to the typical cheesy DJ - someone who really "gets" them and their musical goal.
Are you a serious music lover?
Crate digger, collector, musician, former college radio DJ? Do you go to concerts, follow Pitchfork lists, listen to independent radio?
"Type A," into organization and spreadsheets? Are you working toward an advanced degree or busy with a professional career and need vendors who can keep up with you and execute your vision perfectly?
Going against the grain?
Relative to family/guest expectations, musically, culturally or otherwise, or are you consciously accommodating those expectations?
Want a low-pressure, low-hype vibe?
Are you shy or uncomfortable being in the spotlight? Are you or your guests more reserved or not big dancers?
Unsure of what you want?
Looking for guidance? Perhaps you have a list of things you don't want?
Whatever the situation...
Our goal is to make the music planning process seamless and stress-free. If these qualities resonate with you, please get in touch. We could be the perfect match!
The Basic Package is perfect for Receptions and includes:
- 4 hours (minimum charge)
- Travel within the DJ's home city
- One main sound system (2 speakers) for one room or area and music program via laptop
- One handheld wireless microphone for speaking parts of the ceremony, toasts, speeches, etc.
- MC services (announcements, introductions, etc.) by the DJ
- Customized song pool and unlimited advance consultation
- Hands-on coordination with your vendors
- Proof of liability insurance for your venue
Rates are tiered based on the DJ's current experience. The Basic Package is between:
For Weddings/Mitzvahs on Fridays and Saturdays, April-October
For Weddings/Mitzvahs Sunday-Thursday (except major holidays/holiday eves), or November-March, and all other Events
- Additional hours, equipment, and/or travel can be arranged for an extra fee.
- Discounts for in-house sound and referrals may apply.
- Please use the Downloadable Rate Sheet as a guide, and contact us for a customized quote.
- There are no hidden fees, charges or taxes. Gratuities are not expected but always appreciated!
I knew once I found Stylus DJ Entertainment, there was no need to look any further for a DJ service. We were so pleased with their services from the very beginning.
Jane was a stellar DJ. We had a queer wedding and wanted a hip young vibe, but also lots of toasts and with traditional wedding timeline.